Sleek #56 Winter 17
#56 Winter 17
Welcome to the Winter 2017 issue of SLEEK
As the #metoo revelations and protests by the Preis der Nationalgalerie’s nominees demonstrated, gender discrimination and feminist lip-service are alive and well in Berlin. And in this regard, the latest figure of attack is arguably the “influencer”, a typically young, typically slender white woman with an avocado fixation and reams of Instagram followers influencing – well, its not really clear what.
Thus for this issue of SLEEK, we’re going beyond this problematic construction to identify people we think are re-shaping culture and transforming existing notions of identity and politics in the digital age.
- Artist, musician, poet and activist, Juliana Huxtable talks poetry and politics.
- Activist blogger Museum Mammy reinvents The Met for the 21st century.
- New York Magazine’s (in)famous art critic Jerry Saltz talks to us about his controversial trolling strategies.
- Federico Reyes shoots our menswear editorial, “Daddy Cool”.
- We catch up with Anne Imhof to discuss the runaway success of her Venice biennale show, “Faust”, and how she is coping with (art) stardom.
- Agnieszka Polska provides an exclusive portfolio for our Cabinet.
- Curator, RoseLee Goldberg contributes “The Last Word”.